£22,000.00 - £25,000.00 / annum
1st October 2019
Accounting and Finance
Credit Control Clerk - Hertford
Robert Half Cambridge are currently working with a fast paced, high growth fashion company who are recruiting for a Credit Controller to join their finance team based in Hertford.
Overview of role
Day to day duties of The Credit Control Clerk will include but not be limited to:
- Effectively chase all Customers within your dedicated portfolio of accounts to ensure prompt payment of outstanding invoices and maximise cash receipts.
- Assist with sending invoices and statements to relevant parties.
- Assist in routine assessments of the credit worthiness of prospective and the existing portfolio of customers in accordance with corporate policies and risk management strategy.
- Responsible for the capture of disputed items and prompt liaison with Team, Manager and Customer Services to enable timely resolution.
- Possess the ability to take large volumes of data, analyse and produce a result.
- Assist with reconciliation of customer's accounts (particularly debit notes vs credit notes)
- Production of Ageing and Debit Reports on a weekly basis.
- Creation and posting of credit notes.
- Posting of daily cash received.
The ideal candidate Profile:
- Use of SAP a distinct advantage but use of an accounting system is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of Excel to Advanced level together with Word and Windows based applications essential.
- Experience within a multinational Credit Control environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a confident professional telephone manner.
- Experience of web-based EDI portals a distinct advantage.
- Foreign Language desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 4-5 year's experience within a similar role.
- Ability to prioritise in a busy fast-moving environment.
- The role requires a tenacious individual, a team player with a flexible approach
Salary & Benefits
Role of Credit Control Clerk is paying up to 25k plus excellent benefits
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420