Contract Network Support Engineer
Location : Hinckley
Post Date : 16 March 2017
Employment Type : Temporary
Job Order Number : 467417
Line of Business : IT
Contract Network Support Engineer, Leicestershire, £265-300 per day
My client based in Leicestershire are looking for a contract network engineer to join their team on a 3 month contract basis. This role will report into the head of IT operations and will require someone who can hit the ground running with skills in the following:
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate (advantageous)
- Understanding of infrastructure topologies
- Experience of working in project environments and delivering work packages
- WAN and routing protocols - ADSL, MPLS, BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
- AAA, Tacacs+ and Radius
- VPN Technologies - Site to and Site and Remote Access VPN
- Documentation & Visio skills for comprehensive Infrastructure designs
- Cisco IOS, Routers and switches (including VLANS, Trunking, QoS, spanning tree)
- Network Management Systems eg. PRTG, Solarwinds
- Protocols - TCP/IP, NLB, DNS, DHCP & SNMP
- Cisco ASA Firewall Configuration
- LAN Configuration/management NAT and PAT
On top of these skills, knowledge in Wintel, Active Directory, Group Policy and VMWare would be incredibly useful in times where project work picks up.
You must also have the will and the capability to travel to other sites across the UK as required (You must hold a valid Full UK Driving License) and flexibility around working hours is also required.
Please email to apply for the position.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead