£70,000.00 - £85,000.00 / annum
12th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Our clients carry out vital work from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services operating in the defence, "justice & immigration", health care, transport and "citizen services".
As the business unit Financial Controller will be accountable for the integrity of the financial information in the business unit through the maintenance of an effective control environment. This will encompass ensuring that the financial data and metrics for the business unit are correct and adhere to UK&E and company policies and that the processes that support the production and reporting of those figures are robust and efficient and are applied consistently across the business unit.
This role will lead the promotion and adoption of operational excellence design principles to continuously improve the ways of working in the business unit finance function. This will require the building and maintenance of effective relationships with UK&E group finance, external auditors and BPO suppliers, this will facilitate the FD's sign off of the financial information with confidence.
In addition, you will be supporting the BU FD in presenting the results and strategy to senior stakeholders to ensure the message is clear, concise & consistent with the financial data.
- The effectiveness and integrity of the financial information of the business unit
- Reducing variation and embedding changes to enable the generation of accurate data in our financial systems
- Working with global process owners to consider the effectiveness and implement the improvements to end to end processes
- Translation of UK&E requirements and design and implementation of p;ans to deliver right first time, accurate responses
- Maintenance and periodic review of the delegated authority matrix
- Running of the external audit process and the minimisation of audit issues
- Driving the strategic plan & budget process within the BU to meet all required deadlines including presentation packs
- Provide business partner support to BU overhead budget holders, including business development and reporting of bid spend
- Building strong working relationships across the business and particularly with the companies BPO supplier, the UK&E finance team, the global process owners and the senior finance team within the business unit and UK&E
Essential technical & professional skills, knowledge and experience:
- Qualified accountant with experience of working in large and complex environment
- Demonstrable experience of process improvement will be considered favourably
- Experience of coordinating external audit cycles for a large business
- Experience of working with a shared service centre
- Experience of delivering change across a multi stakeholder matrix environment
- Knowledge of international accounting standards and industry best practices and accounting skills
- Good understanding of finance systems and standardised processes
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel
This is a key role and the Financial Controller will be paid a bonus, get a car allowance, private medical insurance, 6% pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, x2 annual salary life cover
pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888