GBP18000 - 22000 / annum
February 2, 2018
We are looking for a motivated individual to join one of Yorkshire's Leading Architectural firms as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor. The right candidate will be educated to Degree Level or equivalent, as well as holding a Full UK Drivers License.
Duties Will Include:
- Reviewing and negotiating sub contract documentation, ensuring it is in place and signed, appropriate to the scope of work, and minimises sub-contract risks
- Attendance at handover meetings, developing project strategies which mitigate commercial risks
- Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontract installers
- Ensuring applications for payment and budgets/prices for contract variations are submitted on time, to the appropriate level, reaching agreement in a timely manner
- Monitoring and managing client certification/notices for payment ensuring these are fairly valued and payment is received on time
- Identifying, evaluating and responding to contractual and commercial issues to prevent disputes
- Performing risk, value management and cost control, providing regular reports on costs, value, margins and risks
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Line management and integration of new team members where appropriate, assisting in the personal development of all members of the commercial department
- Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team.
- Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
- Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
- Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
- To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
- Provide a professional, courteous and efficient service to all customers;
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement