£20,000.00 - £25,000.00 / annum
12th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Accounts Assistant - Huntingdon
Robert Half Cambridge are currently working with a rapidly expanding international aviation company who are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join their finance team based in Huntingdon.
Overview of role
Day to day duties of The Accounts Assistant will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare, analyse, summarise, and present financial statements and reports such as general ledger closing, financial reporting, and reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Prepare bank statement reconciliation, month-end accruals, account reconciliations, and various other weekly/monthly financial report preparations.
- Analyse causes of variances between actual and budgeted income and expenses.
- Prepare analysis of accounts, as required and also assist in monthly closings.
- Check all vendor invoices for payment and approval.
- Investigate and verify financial status and reputation of prospective customers
- Analyse and evaluate customer credit reports to establish credit limitations on customer accounts and handle special credit arrangements
- Assist management in the formulation of credit policies. Assist with related special projects, as needed.
- Print, verify, and send monthly statements to customers. Review accounts receivable and ageing reports and advise management of any concerns.
- Update and review ageing report for unpaid balances and contact customers/make collection calls.
- Process bankruptcy proof of claim forms.
- Prepare, process, request, and confirm completeness of expense reports.
The ideal candidate Profile:
- Four years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be familiar with standard accounting concepts, practices, procedures, and principals; and have strong customer service skills and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent analytical/numerical skills
- Good IT skills and knowledge
- Invoicing / accounting experience
- Ability to communicate, manage & prioritise tasks professionally
- Ability and willing to go the extra mile
Salary & Benefits
Role of Accounts Assistant is paying up to 25k plus excellent benefits
dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420