Senior Credit Control
GBP28000 - 32000 / annum
26th April 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are currently working with a major supplier to the UK Construction industry who are recruiting for a Senior Credit Controller to join their expanding finance department.
Senior Credit Controller - Huntingdon
Robert Half are currently working with a major supplier to the UK Construction industry who are recruiting for a Credit Controller to join expanding team within their busy finance department.
Overview of role
Day to day duties of The Senior Credit Controller will include but not be limited to:
- To prepare legal cases and manage DCA cases with external lawyers and third-party providers.
- To manage insolvency cases. Liaise with Insolvency Practitioners and file documents in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for a portfolio of accounts from across the Mick George Group. Maximising cash collections in a consistent manner, by adapting technique to customer type, by telephone, email and letter, in line with personal/team targets. Prioritising over dues, high risk and key accounts in value descending order. Update collection notes as well as place accounts on Hold.
- Ensuring all forms of communication always to be of a professional business standard.
- Mitigate bad debts by regularly reviewing new and established account credit limits. Balance credit decisions with the desire to increase business versus payment performance and credit reports.
- Additional activities include payment allocation, requesting remittances, raising credit requests, account matching & reconciliation, preparing write-offs, sending statements.
- Update Accounts Receivable reports and produce insightful reports.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Build strong x-functional relationships. Be aware and highlight processes that can be improved.
- Investigate and resolve queries or escalate to relevant teams and track completion.
The ideal candidate Profile:
- Proactive, self-motivated and capable organiser, with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Network builder with strong influencing skills. Firm negotiator.
- Committed team player, flexible and adaptable to change, able to work with the minimum of supervision.
- CICM qualified or part-qualified, or a minimum of 5-years relevant experience. Construction or waste sector background desirable.
- First-rate problem-solving skills and process change champion.
- Proven track record of success and practical knowledge of commercial credit best practice.
- Confident working with accounting and CRM systems. Competent MS user.
- Intermediate Excel (VLU, Pivot Tables).
Salary & Benefits
The role of the Senior Credit Controller is paying up to 32k plus excellent benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420