£22000 - 25000 / annum
9th July 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are proud to be working with a large organisation in Ilkley to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join a progressive finance team offering extensive growth and development.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant:
- Bank reconciliations:
- Ensuring the accurate and prompt posting of remittances / payments and reconciling all accounts.
- Sales ledger activities, including:
- Customer cash allocation and aged debt reporting.
- Working with the Commercial team to improve cash collection, including processing of customers' debit notes and queries.
- Assisting the Commercial team with the set-up and maintenance of customer accounts.
- Raising of supplementary invoices.
- Purchase ledger activities, including:
- Processing suppliers' invoices / credit notes, and employees' expense claims.
- Scanning and validating invoices and credit notes.
- Matching invoice to PO quantities and value.
- Managing invoice work flow ensuring deadlines met and approvals received.
- Resolving invoice queries.
- Reconciling supplier statements & ensuring all invoices within system.
- Resolving supplier queries.
- Preparing weekly payment runs & ad-hoc payments in GBP & foreign currencies.
- Setting-up new supplier accounts within financial accounting.
- Completing new supplier credit application forms as and when required.
- Management accounting activities, including;
- Month-end accounts, accruals and prepayments, ledger reconciliations, reporting and analysis.
- Identifying, developing and implementing process improvements.
- Any other ad hoc Duties as and when required.
- 2+ years experience in a Finance role
- Experience of bank reconciliations and cashbook
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to work alone without direction
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Reliable and adaptable
- Team player
- Able to perform well and remain professional whilst under pressure
- £22,000 - £25,000 D.O.E (+ benefits)
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
LeedsGround Floor, Sterling House
gb 0113 242 8978