£70,000.00 - £80,000.00 / annum
4th October 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are delighted to be partnering with a market leading project management company. Due to expansion we are recruiting for a project accountant to support the CFO with the company's commercial business. The role does require travel between the South Coast and London. The successful candidate must have relatively recent experience of working on a PFI OR PPP project and must be able to produce statutory accounts in line with UK GAAP & IFRS.
The ideal candidate must be a qualified accountant with 5 years post qualification experience. They will also have statutory audit experience (IFRS & UK GAAP) as well as exposure to financial models (ppp/pfi). Management or board reporting and stakeholder management is also important.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivery of the financial services element of two MSA contracts
- Production of Board and management reporting
- Production of quarterly management accounts
- Production of statutory accounts (in accordance with UK GAAP & IFRS)
- Lead and manage the audit process
- Management of Corporation Tax, VAT and CIS returns and liaison with HMRC
- Demonstrate compliance against project and MSA financial contractual obligations
- Management of commercial transactions to the satisfaction of the Project CEOs and Boards
- Develop positive working relationships with the Project CEOs
- Supporting, on financial and accounting aspects, the Project CEO and Commercial Manager with the application, interpretation and, where appropriate, negotiation of Project Documentation
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Physical presence at Isle of Wight project offices required at least 6 working days per month
- Attendance at Board and other Stakeholder meetings
- Measurement and delivery of high levels of customer satisfaction
- Support the interface between the Finance and Modelling functions
- Potential line management of Project Accountant
- Supporting the management and operational teams on other project companies as and when required
- Satisfy Shareholder asset reporting requirements
The company are dedicated to providing excellent service to project companies. They pride themselves upon being innovative within their industry whilst maintaining their values of ethics first.
Salary & Benefits
- Up to £80,000
- Annual Bonus
- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Pension contributions between 5-9%
- Life Insurance 4 x annual salary
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
SouthamptonUBC, Enterprise House
Ocean Village, Southampton
gb 02380 224 562