£60,000.00 - £70,000.00 / annum
Kensington and Chelsea
19th August 2019
This inspirational and forward-thinking events company bring together some of the industries top entrepreneurs, corporate Chief Executives and investors at exclusive, invite-only events.
As the parent company of an incubator-style group, this firm also comprises a number of different business, all with a common goal of promoting entrepreneurialism, leadership and business growth.
This role is suited to a fully qualified accountant interested in developing best practice from scratch within the group and creating a centre of excellence around financial management. You will also need to be comfortable and ideally excited by working in a fast-paced environment within the digital sector as they continue they growth in the UK and on an international scale.
Reporting to the COO, you will provide a strong focus on good governance to ensure adherence to financial compliance. You may also be asked to provide the Executive team with financial, risk and audit guidance.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Responsibility and ownership of all financial accounting, adhering to all deadlines, including:
- Monthly cashflow analysis, liquidity forecasting and reporting for senior management
- Maintaining strong internal control to monitor non-compliance and to drive continuous improvement to financial processes
- Provide accurate and effective financial analysis, guidance and support to COO
- Work with Senior Management to set and monitor annual budgets and departmental accounts in conjunction with the departmental heads
- Preparing all statutory financial accounts and taxation computations, ensuring all annual reports are prepared and filed in a timely manner
- Administering payroll and pensions, posting relevant journals and ensuring relevant filing
- Managing accounts payable - processing of invoices and staff expenses, payment runs
- Managing accounts receivable - raising fee invoices
- Recharging and billing of expenses to projects/clients as well as intragroup
- Bank account postings for payments and receipts, monthly bank reconciliations
- Analysing and posting of credit card expenditure
- Managing VAT and other tax reporting on a quarterly and annual basis
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA) with experience (3 years minimum) working in a finance function within a medium-sized group of companies
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, with experience of LLP accounting
- Ability to coordinate financial work to ensure sustainability for organisational growth
- A successful track record of participating in corporate decision making at executive level
- An ability to communicate financial issues to non-finance staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- WHERE: Kensington, W8
- SALARY: £50,000 - 65,000
- Pension and healthcare benefits
THE FUN STUFF
On top of a competitive salary you will get to:
- Join a highly motivated, energetic and dynamic team who will push you to incredible heights
- Be part of shaping and building the strategy for a highly ambitious group
- Join in socials galore: birthday brunches, weekly lunches and off-site activity days
- A well-stocked kitchen for all your snacking needs
YOU'D ENJOY THIS JOB IF
You love being part of a high growth organisation, and want to learn more about the tech sector.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900