GBP18000 - 19000 / annum
15th May 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are currently recruiting for a Assistant Accountant. This is a full-time temporary position for 6 months, based in Ilkley. This is an ideal start out position for graduates or AAT students.
The role involves assisting in the preparation of financial statements and accounts, forecasting and budgeting, plus preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Maintenance of sales invoices and reports
- Reconciliation, including posting and balancing
- Utilisation of accounting software
- Preparation of reports on debtors and creditors
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Maintaining all necessary records including invoices, expenses, payments and transactions
- Providing general finance advice and assistance as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Enthusiastic, committed and a fast learner with previous experience of a busy environment
- Computer literate with an aptitude for numbers
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accountancy procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with individuals across departments and liaise with external customers and contacts
- Solid organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Hold or be studying towards a relevant accountancy qualification
This could be an ideal role for an accountancy and finance graduate with some practical experience.
Parking is available on site.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
LeedsGround Floor, Sterling House
gb 0113 242 8978