Post Date : 17 February 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 468316
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is currently working in partnership with Cottage Delights Ltd to recruit their next Financial Controller. Based in Leek, this well-known local organisation has a fantastic culture and very low staff turnover. As part of a £400m turnover group, this SME business has a small close-knit team but has the benefits of being part of a larger organisation.
The role will see the right person take control of a team of 11 people. The FC will report into a tenured Finance Director who will be focusing her attention on a business-wide project, therefore leaving the day-to-day running of the finance department to the successful candidate.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Management of the finance team
- Completion of management accounts package
- Reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts
- Review of overheads on a monthly basis
- Manage the Financial Accounting aspect of AX system
- Manage the year-end audit process
- Overhead budgets and forecasts
- Manage and report on daily, weekly and monthly cashflow
- Commission calculations for TMs
- Manage admin of company cars, telephones, utilities, credit cards and fuel cards, and negotiate best prices
- Assist the Finance Director in ad hoc projects
The right person for this role will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), or will be Qualified by Experience. They will have had a stable career, and most likely have had exposure to manufacturing and SME environments previously. Some of the key traits the person will bring to the role are:
- Full management accounts preparation experience
- Experience of accounting within ERP systems
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience managing and developing a finance team
- Ability to work with other departmental managers
- Ability to communicate with all levels and particularly with non-financial individuals.
- Outgoing and open communication style
- Credit control experience
- Cash management experience
- Utilities/cars administration and negotiation experience
- Attention to detail
Cottage Delight is committed to creating traditional British classic Preserves, Chutneys, Sauces and Fudges at the company's headquarters in Leek, Staffordshire made using the traditional open pan method in small batches.
Quality, heritage and taste is still at the heart of the company and firmly demonstrated by its continual passion for sourcing new flavours and gourmet products from across the world. Traditional British foods are still very much on the menu at Cottage Delight, but today the company travels far and wide to source the very best ingredients and artisan products from across the globe.
Their dedication to taste and quality has been rewarded with a staggering 160 Great Taste Awards. Renowned by buyers and foodies alike, the awards are very much known as the Oscars of the food world and the company is extremely proud of its accolades.
The business is looking for the right person for this role and is therefore looking to pay a competitive package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Barnsdale Way, Grove Park, Enderby,
LE19 1SN Leicester