Group Credit Risk Manager
10th May 2019
Our client based in Leicester are looking for a Group Credit Risk Manager
- Manage and motivate the credit risk team of ten direct reports, providing an effective and efficient credit management system which enables the Company to maintain profitability and maximise earnings whilst minimising exposure to potential bad debts.
- Approve and review credit limits up to $3,000,000 within defined risk bands and recommend limits above this figure, in order to support the sales force to maximise sales and achieve targets whilst minimising the company's exposure to the likelihood of bad debts.
- Under the direction of the Director Financial Services Europe, develop, recommend, implement and maintain business information sources and Credit Risk Analysis & Scoring models appropriate to the needs of the business and to the continued efficiency and improvement of the service
- Analyse and assess credit risk for existing and potential customers, and provide information and recommendations in order to allow the sales force to focus on creditworthy opportunities
- Support the Credit Management process by continual review of customer's creditworthiness with the sales force and ensure compliance with agreed policies and procedures, recommend changes and ensure the Company's achievement of Best Practice wherever possible.
- Provide to the Director Customer Financial Services Europe and Senior Management all appropriate and requested credit risk analyses within agreed time scales
- In circumstances where a credit decision is required outside the parameters of strictly laid down procedures, the job holder must regularly use high levels of analytical and business judgment to achieve solutions appropriate to the needs of the sales force and provide sound recommendations.
- Consults and discusses with the Director Customer Financial Services Europe, all credit limit or procedural issues on which the job holder is unsure.
- Support the Collection, Credit Risk and Sales Management teams by means of advice, coaching, mentoring and motivation whenever necessary. Provide direction and focus through regular meetings and training and ensure compliance with established company credit policies and procedures.
- Credit Reviews are dealt with both on a planned and day-by-day basis to ensure timely processing of customers orders.
- Sets own priorities within framework of established procedures.
- The job holder will be required to travel extensively within Europe.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Five years solid International commercial credit experience
- ICM or equivalent qualification
- Extremely computer literate (must include Advanced Excel)
- The successful applicant will possess a high level of commercial and financial awareness and a broad understanding of business issues and demonstrate sound commercial judgment.
- Highly numerate
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business
- Remote management experience preferred
Salary - Please call in to discuss
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Leicester3 Barnsdale Court,
Barnsdale Way, Grove Park, Enderby,
gb 0116 263 2100