£30,000.00 - £35,000.00 / annum
18th October 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert half Finance & Accounting is currently recruiting for a Finance manager to join a non-for-profit organisation, whose aim is to govern and further advance the specialised industry that they work within. Due to the firm's location they are easily commutable from all surroundings areas within Leicestershire i.e. Hinckley, Lutterworth, Market Harborough, Coalville, Oakham.
The business is a not-for-profit organisation. They have numerous stake holders within the business which require finance updates. The stakeholders within the business can vary from members, council, finance committee and other key stakeholders. With the headquarter being based in Leicester, it is known to be the hub for all meetings.
The warm, friendly and supportive culture of the business makes its one of the reasons to work there. The finance floor is situated on the second floor alongside other central teams. With an open office layout, everyone is very approachable. You will feel at ease with the culture, work life balance and the supportive team.
Our client is looking for a Finance Manager that can join the business in replacement of a colleague who has worked there for over 20 years. Having your own office, this is a brilliant opportunity for an individual who is looking to settle down in their finance career. The finance manager will be a key finance representative who will be reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, finance committee via treasurer. This role will be an all rounded position as you will be sitting within an office of 10 staff members, there will also be ad-hoc office duties included. Please see below a list of responsibilities.
Job responsibilities -
- Lead and manage all aspects of the day-to-day running of the finance.
- Prepare VAT returns, maintain tax records
- Ensure regulatory compliance in all finance and related areas
- Prepare annual accounts and manage the annual financial audit.
- Produce financial reports, KPIs and information to manage the business
- Prepare a weekly report and monthly management accounts including commentary and analysis
- Prepare the annual budget, monitor and provide analysis on any variances to the budget
- Manage credit control and cash flow
- Manage internal controls and ensure they are operating effectively
- In conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer, liaise with auditors, banks, insurance brokers and other professional advisers
- Implement ad hoc projects, including financial analysis and monitoring
Responsibilities to the Finance Committee
- Arrange the annual schedule of meetings with the Treasurer and other committee members
- Draft and issue agendas, supporting papers and minutes
- Carry out agreed actions between meetings and report back to the following meeting
- In liaison with the Treasurer, Report to the Council on matters financial as required, both in writing and orally as appropriate
Bookkeeping and banking
- Record payments received and made and reconcile them to trial balance
- Banking as required
- Check bank statements
- Maintain the office petty cash
The salary is paying between £30,000 - £35,000 with additional benefits. If you are a qualified by experience, Part - Qualified ACCA/CIMA or ACA accountant then please apply.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Leicester3 Barnsdale Court,
Barnsdale Way, Grove Park, Enderby,
gb 0116 263 2100