£65,000.00 - £85,000.00 / annum
Letchworth Garden City
30th September 2019
Robert Half, Welwyn Garden City are proud to be working exclusively with a global manufacturing business based in Letchworth Garden City to appoint a HR Director.
The HR Director role is required to help develop the HR function and support the Company in a changing environment. This is a full generalist position and will encompass all HR content from change management, organisational design through to employee relations, absence management and recruitment. The role is required to lead HR & org development for the expanding European business and continue to drive integration and best practice in support of the company goals, culture & values.
- Partnering with Global HRD to develop a European HR/OD strategy, then deploy, lead and coach behaviours, processes and tools to execute successfully.
- Part of the Senior Leadership Team for Europe, the role works closely with the GM for the European business
- Support activities and provide advice to Senior Management Team and MD on all aspects of employment legislation and relationship management
- Maintain relationships and manage projects with government agencies to generate funding for development projects
- Create strong relationships across all areas of the business
- Work closely with US HR team to support all initiatives
- Needs to strategically recruit, including proactive search, and lead workforce and succession planning
- Drive Learning and Development, supporting the logging of training and maintaining DAOS and ISO accreditation's
- Travel to Scotland site frequently, a minimum of once per month to engage employees, build relationships and develop HR function and leadership
- Manage and develop UK HR team and function - the team is made up of a HR Coordinator and HR & Office Administrator.
The HR Director will be a CIPD professional with experience working in an SME environment where the work is hands on and varied. Ideally you would have worked in either engineering or manufacturing or at the minimum with blue collar workers. The ideal candidate will posses the following;
- Be a knowledgeable and confident CIPD qualified HR Manager with experience of being hands on with day to day responsibilities, while at the same time supporting the business strategically
- Organisational Development skills and ability to understand & deploy strategy as required to enhance business performance and drive the right behaviours
- Experienced at supporting cultural change and being comfortable being a change agent at all levels across the business
- Needs to solve complex organisational and HR issues and people dynamics, at times with global reporting relationships
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage and connect with all areas of the business
- Be a champion for the people in the organisation and the company strategy concurrently
- Be entirely used to working and leading a fast paced, change embracing environment
- Must be able to multi-task, deal with ambiguity and be able to draft and embed HR policies, processes and systems.
- Must represent true leadership and embed the Company values, demonstrating collaboration, engagement & innovation
- Demonstrable competence in coaching line managers to deal with employee relation cases
- Have experience of working for a multi-site and international organisation
Salary & Benefits
The role of HR Director will pay £60,000 - £85,000 depending on experience and CIPD qualification status, plus car allowance, bonus and private health care.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420