GBP40000 - 45000 / annum
Letchworth Garden City
March 1, 2018
Treasury Accountant - UK Challenger Bank - Letchworth - Circa £40k-£45k + benefits package
Robert Half are hiring for a Treasury Accountant for a UK Bank to be based in Letchworth. This is a newly-created, permanent position which is an excellent opportunity for someone who currently commutes to London and wishes to reduce their commute and work more locally.
Reporting to the Head of Treasury, the Treasury Accountant will be jointly responsible for the treasury operations of the UK bank.
- Produce the daily cashflow forecasting and monitor ensuring compliance with limits and risk appetite
- Check that sufficient cash is held in the Banks settlement account(s) to cover forecasted daily (and intra-day) cash outflows and to cover unexpected/stressed cash outflows and notify.
- Monitor the investment of surplus funds in approved treasury instruments and providing funding at the time required.
- Produce reports for ALCO & any Treasury returns required by the Bank's regulators and/or for statutory purposes.
- Prepare the Treasury Assets / Liquidity annual budget and produce forecasts and variances against budget to assist decision making
- Prepare the core ILAAP / ICAAP schedules
The company are looking for someone with exeperience in a treasury-related role, ideally from working in another banking environment.
They would prefer a full or part qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CIMA) or treasurer (AMCT), however those with relevant experience will also be considered.
The client is a fast-growing UK challenger bank who will continue to expand considerably in the coming years. Currently the finance team is small and tight-knit, so the successful candidate will benefit by getting a wide-ranging role which is likely to develop and provide plenty of opportunities in the future.
The Treasury Accountant will have direct access to the CEO, CFO and Group Financial Controller and as a result this have plenty of opportunity to make a big impact in the business.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is likely to be in the region of £40,000 to £45,000 plus benefits package
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement