£25000 - 40000 / annum
9th July 2019
The Junior Associate will join the Operations team of 10 people based in London. Reporting to the Head of Operations and Operations Supervisor, the Associate will be responsible for the operational support of any number of the following instruments traded at funds: F&O, CFD's, CLO's, cash equity & bond, Repos, bank debt, CDS (Single names, Index & options) and margin.
- Compiling & reviewing daily P&Ls for various Funds, understanding how the various trading through new business and mark to market effects the daily NAV.
- Share class hedging - understanding and processing hedging for the respective fund they work on.
- Working closely with Prime Brokers, Custodians and Administrators in reconciling cash, positions, static data across a broad product range to ensure the funds have accurate positions and cash for their NAV production.
- Involvement in various initiatives across the firm from process improvement, technology, fund launches and regulatory projects.
- Encouragement to train / learn on the job and outside of work. Guidance will be provided to keep the candidate developing.
- Deep understanding of how products work - including calculating cash flows, and settling financing.
- Should possess a good undergraduate degree with strong academics
- Should ideally possess a minimum of 1 year Middle Office experience, preferably within a fund/asset management or top tier investment bank environment and have experience with at least one of the above products.
- Should be keen to gain exposure to a wide variety of products
- Will be required to use their own initiative from time to time, as well as to work within the team to establish improved operational procedures
- Should have good interpersonal skills, enjoy teamwork and be able to perform well in a dynamic and fast paced environment
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900