£35,000.00 - £37,000.00 / annum
22nd October 2019
Robert Half Technology are looking for an AV Manager to join a membership organisation on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
This role supervises and oversees the work of the Audio-Visual (AV) team. It ensures delivery of a first-class AV service to support the Venues business plan (including pre-sales to achieve the annual income targets) and continual improvement in the AV capabilities.
- Manage AV budget to ensure costs are kept within budget restraints and AV income meets targets.
- Provide all AV equipment, operators and services, on time and within legal requirements in order to meet client expectations and requirements.
- Manage the AV department on a day-to-day basis, ensuring equipment is regularly checked and maintained, the asset register is accurate, and replacements and upgrades are planned.
- Manage team of permanent, casual and freelance staff.
- Ensure all AV staff are trained in the use of the in-house AV equipment as appropriate and follow industry best practice, and brief and train non-AV staff when rolling out new equipment.
- Be the main point of contact for 3rd party event production companies, ensuring they adhere to the contractor regulations, H&S regulations, as well as providing professional and helpful service to ensure the success of the event.
- Understand evolving client requirements with Venues Team. Research new industry developments to establish feasibility and benefits of new technologies that meet these needs.
- Maintain written procedures of all key AV processes in order to ensure business continuity at all times.
- Sales experience
- Extensive multi-disciplinary AV experience in a similar role, including lighting, sound and projection.
- Strong IT knowledge base including software, hardware and basic network connectivity troubleshooting
- Strong customer service and communication skills - deals well with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Strong problem-solving skills - able to identify both quick fixes and long-term solutions
- Strong project and budget management experience
- Keeps up to date with the latest AV industry advancements and technologies
Health and safety
- Qualification in manual handling
- Health & safety of AV equipment
- Working at heights certificate
A membership organisation in Central London.
Salary & Benefits
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Circa £37,000 per annum, depending on experience
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900