£60,000.00 - £80,000.00 / annum
17th July 2019
Company Secretary - PE Backed Portfolio Business - London
An opportunity has arisen for an experience Company Secretary to join the team of a rapidly growing Private Equity backed business. This business is focussed on the Subscription Management space and is acquiring and operating a number of CRM and associated services companies. This rapid expansion has seen the portfolio grow from 3 businesses in 2018 to 12 businesses now and with a number of new acquisitions planned for the remainder of the year.
Reporting to the CFO, the Company Secretary will receive a competitive starting salary alongside a comprehensive benefits package.
Job Title: Company Secretary
Industry: Subscription CRM and Associated Portfolios
Location: London / Flexible
Package: £60,000 - £80,000 basic salary + disc bonus, PMI. DIS and Group Disability.
The role of the company secretary is to ensure that the Group complies with standard legal and financial practice, meets Companies House and employment requirements and that the organisation maintains high standards of corporate governance. E.g.
- Board Meetings
- Organise agenda and papers for Board meetings and AGMs.
- Ensure that AGMs are run according to the constitution and Companies House requirements.
- Take the minutes of the meetings and ensure these are signed off and recorded
- Responsible for company administration including maintaining statutory books, dealing with correspondence, taking minutes, drafting resolutions, lodging required forms and annual returns with Companies House
- Responsibility for Group compliance in areas such as GDPR, ISO9002, FCA
- Ad-hoc assistance to Head Office Management and Group Company Management on legal and compliance related matters.
The successful candidate will need the following:
- Previous experience working as a Company Secretary, preferably in a rapidly expanding business
- Proven track record of administrative, legal and secretarial work
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of management
- ICSA qualification would be beneficial
- A thorough knowledge of Company law, employee law and corporate regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to take accurate notes and minutes of meetings
- A good working knowledge of IP, contracts and lease management
- Excellent project management skills
- A good understanding of FCA and GDPR regulations
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900