£40,000.00 - £50,000.00 / annum
1st October 2019
Conflicts Analyst - Law Firm - £50,000 - London
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Conflicts Analyst to join the team of an international Law Firm based in London. Reporting directly to the head of New Business Intake, the Conflicts Analyst will be heavily involved with conflict checking, information barrier set up and sanctions screening. This role offers a competitive starting salary with immense career growing opportunities.
Job Title: Conflicts Analyst
Industry: Legal Firm
Package: £40,000 - £50,000 basic salary + disc bonus, Pension scheme, Flexible Benefits, In-house career progression
- Performing searches utilising internal and external data sources;
- Reviewing all searches prior to sending the results to the requestor in order to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the search;
- Analysis of the reports in order to ascertain where there is a conflict of interest, and to clear the transaction to proceed where appropriate. Understand and identify wider risk and reputational and conflict issues at client take on stage;
- Communicating with partners and staff regarding conflict check results/process;
- Performing searches of newly sanctioned entities from HMT, OFAC and other sanctioning bodies, utilising in-house databases in order to ascertain if we act for or in relation to a newly sanctioned entity, and escalating as appropriate.
- Potentially providing assistance and cover for the Conflicts Manager and other NBI team members as required. Likely assistance may be in the following areas:
- Carrying out due diligence on new clients by using a variety of different research tools (mostly web based);
- Assisting with the file opening procedure;
- Other adhoc requests relating to New Business Intake processes.
Ideal candidates will be educated to degree level preferably with a law degree /or qualified in KYC/Compliance and have worked in a professional services environment in this field for a year. However, candidates will be considered with more or less experience providing they can demonstrate the required competencies.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, written and face to face communication skills with a variety of staff including senior partners and legal PA's.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive basic salary of <£50,000 depending on experience. The Conflicts Analyst will also receive a discretionary bonus in year one alongside an excellent benefits package. You will also become part of a fantastic team with an excellent reputation within the Legal Firm Industry. Do you have what it takes to become the new Conflicts Analyst for this market leading corporation? APPLY NOW for more details on how this could be the next move for you.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900