£50,000.00 - £65,000.00 / annum
14th November 2019
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a small but growing company which is backed by one of the largest Pharmaceutical firms in the world. If you want to join a Brand-new team and have a chance to really shape and drive an analytics team then this is the best time to join!
The Data Scientist will provide data-driven insight and recommendations to drive commercial value and to enable a wide range of strategic business decision processes. This will be achieved by developing, implementing, and managing models to optimise our sourcing approach, drive business growth, reduce waste and support automation across all areas of the business.
- Apply various analytical techniques, statistical algorithms and machine learning techniques to support business development & growth.
- Provide deep dive into specific business area and translate data into actionable insight e.g. drawing actionable insights and explaining in a tailored way to your audience.
- Conduct analysis across a data set to simulate scenarios and apply different business models.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on statistical analysis and communicate technical results effectively to a variety of audiences, including those with a non-technical background.
- Sharing learning and insights across multiple levels and multiple business units.
- Spread the use of data science throughout the organisation and champion the use of data and information assets.
- Masters Degree or Phd in a Mathematics related field.
- Hands on experience with analytics packages (Python or R preferred) and application of modelling techniques and machine learning.
- Strong level and experience in data query language/tools (e.g. SQL, Alteryx).
- Experience with database technologies and concepts (Oracle, Teradata, SAP HANA, DB2, PostGres, SQL Server).
- Good general business acumen.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with visualisation tools such as Tableau, Qliview, SAS, Business Objects & Power BI.
- Strong experience of Excel with skills in V-lookups, pivot tables, reporting and macro programming.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies.
- Experience with data performance optimisation.
- Experience of Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical desirable.
- Driven by making impact with technical and data science expertise, acute strategic and analytical skills; highly organized with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
- Experience in applied analytics for business problem solving: analytics solution for pricing, loyalty program effectiveness, customer segmentation, customer LTV maximisation, cost and profit analysis, CRM management etc.
Excellent benefits on offer
Paid Training Allowances
Flexible working hours
25 days holidays
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900