3rd September 2019
Robert Half are working exclusively with a top tier asset manager based in the city of London
To provide post trade support to the Investment Team generally but more specifically Rates and Derivatives dealing desk. This role also involves monitoring chosen outsourcing providers ensuring expected service levels are adhered to.
This role sits within the Derivatives Operations are of the wider Investment Operations business area. This team/department contributes to the overall success of the business by working closely with both Rates & Derivatives Portfolio Managers and outsourced middle & back office provider, providing post trade support, ensuring executed trades are successfully captured, affirmed against the counterparty's position, collateralised and reported to the regulator under EMIR. Additionally, assist with middle office functions by providing reporting to business in respect of financial accounting, liquidity management, risk reporting, collateral management and cash flow analysis.
- To understand and work within guidelines on treating customers fairly.
- Oversight of all daily outsourced services to ensure the service levels are at expected level e.g. daily c/p recs, clearing reports, collateral movement & cash balance reports, new trades, trade & settlement matching, contract affirmations.
- Work with and build on existing relationships with Custodians, outsource providers and third-party investment service providers
- Conduit for swap valuation queries and collateral disputes raised by Northern Trust from market with the Investment Team.
- Providing wider Investment Operations team with daily sign off swaps positions and valuation reports oversight.
- Checking trade blotters match trading activity and front office reconciliation reports. Trading systems against the outsource providers daily reporting.
- Reviewing monthly MI and attend Quarterly Service Reviews for Outsourcer appraisals.
- Working with Investment Team and external trading counterparties in relation to swap novation's and planning for intraday collateral exchanges for new business.
- Perform daily liquidity management processes. Ensuring accurate and timely information is available for the Portfolio Managers.
- Review cash and stock reconciliations to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor loaned security valuations to ensure sufficient collateral tolerances are in place.
- If required advise internal asset mobilization teams to post collateral respectively.
- Perform weekly collateral process for specialised operations structures working closely with Actuarial analysts.
- Manage operational reinsurance collateral process by daily monitoring and instructing collateral top ups if required.
- Referencing terms of the CSAs and contact counterparties to assist in the resolution of collateral disputes.
- Have a thorough understanding of CSA keys terms to assist in collateral oversight.
- Act in a technical advisory capacity when helping resolved failed trades between the Front Office Traders and Outsourced middle office provider.
- To assist and take direction from the Senior Derivatives Operations Analyst and Head of Investment & Derivatives Operations in any other Derivatives Operations related tasks when required to do so.
- Manage team queries and ensure appropriate responses are provided to a high quality and in a timely manner.
- Assist the Compliance department in any internal and external audit processes.
- Defining business processes, procedures & control sheets.
- Project involvement in central clearing, moving from bilateral OTC trades to central clearing.The person -
- Knowledge of fixed income and derivative products used for hedging purposes, particularly gilts, interest rate & inflation swaps along with an understanding of the trade lifecycle (collateral, interest settlements, confirmations).
- An appreciation of legal regulatory and industry requirements e.g. EMIR protocols.
- Ability to learn. Develop the operational, technical knowledge and skills to perform the role successfully on an on-going basis within a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in written and oral communication skills.
- Experience of following business processes, standards, policies and procedures.
- Operational experience with at least 1-2 years' worth of relevant experience working in finance.
- Have a sound understanding of financial asset groups and general operational processes (e.g. Fund Accounting, Settlements and general processes performed by a Custodian).
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900