£55500 - 65000 / annum
1st July 2019
DevOps Engineer- £65K
This is an exciting opportunity to join the platform team in the role as a Development & Operations Engineer, responsible for maintaining our existing platforms, integrating newer infrastructure features to help us scale and move towards a more robust and dynamic architecture.
Part of the role as an DevOps engineer requires you know how to get your hands dirty when required as you would be expected to have good fundamental understanding on practices around how you go about automating and configuring infrastructures using tools designed for multiple large-scale enterprise systems.
They will have comprehensive experience managing distributed enterprise systems across AWS cloud platforms and be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of various DevOps tools from automating build processes to implementing new features that utilize cloud-based technologies formally within AWS.
A day in a life of DevOps engineer:
- Design and building infrastructures with code for multiple websites and applications utilizing open source
- Setting up and configuring automated configuration tools, build/release pipelines that further improve our ability to deploy code faster and build/configure our stack more intelligently.
- Manage AWS cloud platforms and third-party services and tools.
- Manage large-scale immutable web hosting environments; triage performance issues and carry out root cause analysis using various monitoring solutions.
- Adhere to working utilizing agile based methodologies and practices. Work to sprint cycles.
- An understanding of how to build applications in the cloud (patterns of integration).
- You never want to log into a server, ok maybe a copy of it. (automation using configuration and orchestration management tools).
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences or equivalent.
- In-depth experience of Internet engineering, technologies, processes and protocols, layers 2/3/4/5 incl. TCP/IP, NAT, firewalls, load balancers, WAFs and Ddos. You can put a bash script together and some ability to program in PHP, Python, Go or .Net. would be nice.
- Comprehensive experience of non-web Internet protocols and technologies, including DNS, SSL/TSL, FTP, SMTP.· You have begun to think and thinker with microservices and associated architectures.
- Creating solutions around backups strategies for the cloud.
- Be Aws developer/associate certified would be amazing desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of LAMP stack administration and common Linux-based web infrastructure and applications - Varnish, Nginx, Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo. Includes scripting, performance tuning and hardening.
- · Know how to build a multi-tiered distributed system with an emphasis placed on security.
- · Experiences with configuration management tools using at least one of these tools (ansible, chef, desired state configuration, yes we like windows too).
- Things we would like you to know (Competencies):
- · Demonstrable experience with connecting the dots. (Jenkins, Packer, Puppet, Terraform, Cloudformation, Lambda, RDS Aurora, API Gateway, Vagrant, Git, SQS etc).
25 days holidays
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900