Director of Finance and Operations
GBP70000 - 80000 / annum
13th September 2018
Accounting and Finance
Our client is a World-wide not-for-profit organization who is looking for a Director of Finance and Operations to lead finance, IT, HR, facilities management and office administration at both a strategic and operational level.
The Director of Finance and Operations leads finance, IT, HR, facilities management and office administration at both a strategic and operational level, and is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) responsible for the strategic and effective leadership of the organisation. This role manages the Audit and Governance Committee of the Board, is responsible for all statutory financial reporting to the Board of Trustees, and is Company Secretary.
- Reports to Executive Director UK & SVP Europe.
- Works in close coordination with all members of the Senior Management Team and Heads of UK functions.
- Works with the Board of Trustees - in particular, members of the Audit and Governance Committee.
- Manages a team of 7 with 3 direct reports (Head of Finance and IT, Head of HR and Office Manager.)
- Key US contacts (based in New York): Chief Financial Officer, Controller and Director International Finance, Chief HR Officer, Chief Information Officer and Legal Counsel: ensures regular liaison on matters of mutual interest and concern.
- Finance: To provide a high and consistent standard of financial assurance to the Executive Director and Board of UK, and the delivery of effective financial services;
- HR: To ensure the provision of high-quality HR business partnering, providing support to managers through the whole employee life-cycle;
- Office Services: To ensure the provision of high standard office services: management of premises and key external suppliers;
- IT: Ensure the provision of IT support to the UK office;
- Risk and team management;
- External representation and liaison;
- Company Secretary and statutory compliance;
- Fully qualified Chartered Accountant with significant post-qualification experience
- Significant experience of working at a senior level in a similar position (Finance, Resources or Operations).
- Experience of working for an international organisation at a strategic level, and of leading teams, including during periods of change.
- Experience in leading financial planning, managing a budget of at least £50 million and a track record of sound financial management.
- Experience of HR management (as a line manager or leading HR within an organisation)
- Adaptability and flexibility: resilience, remains calm in high pressured situations, accepts new assignments and challenges, and responds productively to change.
- Working with others: the ability to work well with others and in a cross-cultural team environment; collaborates effectively across groups and sets a tone of co-operation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Familiarity with UK Charity governance, and regulatory and statutory requirements, including SORP 2015; knowledge of charity funding streams (statutory and private)
- Knowledge of UK employment legislation and best practice.
- Experience of working as part of an organisational Senior Management Team.
- Work in the not-for-profit, and preferably the overseas aid sector.
- Understanding of statutory donor financial compliance; an experience of financial management of commercial contracts and competitive tenders.
Over the past 80 years, the organisation has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933, they offer lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The European headquarters (UK) was established in London in 1997 to support the organisation's global activities and particularly to diversify its donor base and be able to better advocate with European policy-makers on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment, it has grown rapidly and is now acknowledged for its high-quality project management, technical expertise in governance and rights and economic recovery and innovative thinking on early recovery and gender-based violence. They also have offices in Brussels and Geneva.
Salary & Benefits
£70k - £80k + benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard, 32 London Bridge Street
London, SE1 9SG 0207 389 6900