GBP55000 - 60000 / annum
29th April 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are recruiting for a Financial Accountant for a Large Law firm based in The City of London.
The successful candidate for this Financial Accountant position will report in to the Financial Controller/Head of Finance
The Law firm requires this person to sit within the accounts department and will be responsible for delivering all the regulatory reporting requirements that sit within the Accounts team, primarily being the annual audit and preparation of the Consolidated Financial Statements. The role will also work closely with the Management Accounts and Tax team to provide additional ad-hoc and project related accounting support as and when required. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and delivery of the year end Statutory Audit, including preparation of audit files, lead schedules, collation of appropriate audit evidence and managing the interaction with International finance teams.
- Preparation and delivery of the year end Statutory Consolidated Accounts in accordance with current UK GAAP/IFRS, individual entity statutory accounts and dormant accounts. This will include preparation of individual entity accounts, statutory consolidation procedures, statutory disclosures and consolidated cashflow preparation.
- Full responsibility for the preparation and delivery of the year end internal Partnership Accounts.
- Day to day operational interaction with the Auditors, ensuring audit requests are promptly dealt with and evidence collated as requested.
- Assistance with monthly reconciliations across finance, payroll and VAT. This would include working with the Management Accounts teams to reconcile Inter-Company balances and other Key Control accounts.
The ideal profile for this Financial Accountant position, based in the The City of London will have the following:
- Up to 3 years post Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Key Experience of UK GAAP/IFRS
- Can demonstrate a strong experience of planning and running consolidated audits and preparation of Consolidated Statutory Accounts and associated disclosures.
- Experience of a similar role in a Limited Liability Partnership or legal firm and knowledge of the LLP SORP will be advantageous.
- Can demonstrate a strong use of excel capabilities.
- Needs to have strong numeracy, communication and interaction skills with a strong attention to detail
My client is a European Law Firm with market leading practices in many of the world's dynamic sectors with a 200 million turn over. They are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Salary & Benefits
The Finance Accountant position based in The City of London is offering a base salary range of between £55,000 - £60,000 dependent on experience. outstanding benefits including: 25 days holiday, pension, season ticket loan, private health care.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900