Financial Audit Senior Manager
GBP60000 - 70000 / annum
3rd May 2019
Accounting and Finance
Financial Audit Financial Audit Senior Manager - Professional Practice £80,000
An opportunity has arisen with a global Professional Practice for a Financial Audit Senior Manager to lead the Financial Audit team. The company have operations in 20 countries over 5 continents and has an excellent reputation worldwide. This role offers an attractive starting salary and career progression potential.
Job Title: Financial Audit Senior Manager Industry: Professional Practice - Financial Services Location: London (+ European Travel) Package: £70,000 - £80,000 basic salary + discretionary bonus, PMI, pension
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered
- Act as audit lead on a range of financial services clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion. Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals. Act as a role model for Manager level
- Liaison with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters
- Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business
- ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent
- Educated up to degree level or CTS
- Previous Audit Manager in practice
- Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including listed (full list and AIM) clients and clients with international interests
- Significant experience of auditing within the financial services sector including clients within one or more of the asset management, capital markets and insurance sectors
- Knowledge of the CASS rules and experience of client money and assets audits, reporting to the FCA.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements
- Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
- Business development experience- able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework
- Able to demonstrate the development of an industry network.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900