£65,000.00 - £75,000.00 / annum
22nd October 2019
Robert Half Financial Services are recruiting for a listed global venture capital firm who focus on investing in biotech companies.
About the firm
- This Venture Capital Firm provide capital, expertise and a global network to entrepreneurs to accellerate their ideas into life changing treatments for patients.
- As a listed firm they are able to bring this growth phase of our industry to a broader range of investors.
- Since they were founded in 2016, and then recently went through an IPO, they have now raised more than £250m.
- To date the firm has 12 portfolio companies which are diversified by geography and investment stage.
- The firm is made up of 14 professionals based out of their Mayfair office and this role is reporting into the Finance Director.
- They are now looking to hire a Financial Controller to support the next phase in the development of the company's finance function.
- This FC role is extremely varied, one day you will be preparing investor presentation, the next at the capital markets day, the next sitting on the audit committee with the board members.
- There will be opportunity for this new FC to make improvements to the current controls and reporting systems as both are "bare bones" and there is a lot of scope to make these your own projects.
About the role
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and year‐end accounts for audit
- Valuations of portfolio investments
- Annual budget preparation and subsequent monitoring of company performance
- Maintaining cash reserves, including preparation of Treasury proposals
- Quarterly accounts for managed fund
- Day‐to‐day management of audit and tax teams
- Preparation of UK and US payroll, pensions, benefits, etc.
- Preparation of FCA regulatory returns
- Day‐to‐day management of the part qualified Accountant
- Big 4 ACA qualified
- Post-practice experience in private equity/venture capital
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- A hands-on operator - happy to be involved across all levels of the company
- IT literate, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable working in a small office environment
Package on offer :
- 25-30% discretionary annual bonus
- Pension is 7.5%
- 25 days holiday
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900