£35,000.00 - £40,000.00 / annum
21st May 2019
FX Investigations Clerk - Temporary (12 months FTC)
Closing Date: Tuesday 18 June 2019
To investigate and resolve all Nostro breaks as efficiently and effectively as possible. To establish and maintain relationships with IFL's correspondent and agent banks to ensure delivery of payments and to resolve any issues within strict deadlines.
- To process and conclude all Nostro breaks (EG Beneficiary Claims Non-Receipt, Returns etc) as quickly and effectively as possible.
- To generate and/or approve messages in SWIFT Alliance to correct or re-effect settlements linked to failed items.
- To check that payments released by IFL have been executed by our banks and to resolve cases where execution is pending.
- To interact closely with the business (Front Office, Sales and Middle Office) to ensure a seamless and high quality service to the client.
- To build and maintain relationships with our correspondent banks (in English or French, as well as in Spanish and Portuguese if able).
- Initiating return of funds by capturing manual payments in SAA
- To ensure that personal and group email boxes are effectively managed.
- To process and manage VIP client and payments.
- To accept and adhere to all written procedures.
- To comply with all applicable company, regulatory and internal compliance requirements, including the prevention of Financial Crime and Fraud.
- To perform ad hoc duties as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience within Foreign Exchange operations or international payments roles, including time working within the investigations unit.
- Extensive payments experience (MT202,103,199,299,210).
- Strong operational knowledge of SWIFT Standards.
- Proven record in minimising operational losses and streamlining workflows.
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to A Level standard
- Strong Microsoft Skills (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise, organise and multitask
- To be determined, focused and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work accurately in a pressurised environment within strict deadlines
- To be a strong team player.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900