Group Financial Reporting Manager
GBP55000 - 65000 / annum
11th April 2019
Accounting and Finance
A Group PLC pharmaceutical company is looking for a Group Financial Reporting Manager to work in their Head Office in Central London
Group Financial Reporting
- Own the following areas of risks and/or complexity ensuring no material audit issues:
- Impairment assessment of the Group's goodwill and other intangible assets as well as the investments of the standalone plc company. This involves working with the Group Head of FP&A and with external advisors to ensure that the discount rates used in impairment tests are appropriate.
- The retirement benefit obligation in respect of the Group's operations
- The share-based payment charge liaising with Company Secretarial and external advisors
- Prepare the Group's cash flow statement and the related notes.
- Calculate stress tests to support going concern and viability and summarise in a paper for the auditors and the Audit Committee.
- Own the KPI section of the Annual Report
- Assess IFRS15 transaction prices for allocated contracts ensuring that the correct amount of revenue is recognised.
- Prepare or input into detailed accounting papers for the auditors and summary papers for the Audit Committee.
- Work with the team to prepare the financial statements and associated notes
- Work with the team to deliver the audit to time and cost by ensuring that the auditors are provided with information on-time and queries are resolved in a timely manner. Work with the auditors to improve the efficiency of the audit process.
- Lead alignment between the financial statements owned by Finance and other sections owned by Investor Relations, Communications and Company Secretarial. Support these functions to clear queries raised by the auditors.
- ACA qualified +1 year PQE
- Excellent up to date knowledge of IFRS
- Comfortable with multi-currency consolidations and large spreadsheets
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) particularly in being able to communicate simply and in a meaningful way to non-subject matter experts both at senior and junior levels
- Work in a business that actually changes lives and really makes a difference;
- Exposure with the Top board of the group working in their headquarter;
- Newly created role in a structured SME where the professional will be encouraged to be hands-on and have certain autonomy;
- After a couple of acquisitions, they are bringing the culture together and implementing a new ERP.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900