£35,000.00 - £40,000.00 / annum
1st April 2019
Robert Half are recruiting for an IT Procurement Team Leader to join a Global Communications Business based near London Bridge.
The role is offering the successful candidate £35,000- £40,000 per annum.
- Ensure the team are working in accordance to the business IT procurement policies.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the IT procurement process for the team and agencies for relevant categories of spend.
- Work with the team in line with global guidance to develop, implement and support improvements the procurement services.
- Promote and develop the interaction with agency financial teams by demonstrating approval process and accountability to improve the centralisation of the procurement function.
- Provide Leadership to the UK procurement team by providing support and ensuring adequate resourcing is available to cover the needed activities and deliverables.
- Ensure the procurement process is conducted in conformity with the business procurement Policies
- Look to enhance and evolve the process to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the way the business procures its goods and services.
- To work with global procurement team in order to develop and maintain appropriate systems of internal control to enable the purchasing function to operate effectively, efficiently and ethically.
- To assist in the management of supplier contracts ensuring that regular supplier reviews and monitoring take place.
- To develop and maintain relationships both internally with all staff and externally with suppliers to ensure the smooth operation of the procurement function
- Monitors business trends and product availability to update processes to continue the best practice and cost for goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best processes and cost in line with the business Guidelines.
- Researches new products and services to meet the business goals
- Work with SAS to identify and researches potential new suppliers to meet the business IT requirements
- Develops and implements strategies with appropriate teams for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
Required Skills and experience required:
- Process purchase request efficiently and accurately
- Manage approval process and ensure correct process approval processes are followed
- Ability to work people at all levels of management to explain and promote the procurement Process
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, Good Negotiator with staff and suppliers
- Ability to perform Data Analysis on current and historical spend to make recommendations for efficiencies in cost and procurement process.
- Work with SAS to make recommendations based on spend analysis for increasing efficiencies in the procurement process.
- Manage the procurement process across the variety of supplier portals and websites
- Us of approved systems to maintain an auditable track from request, recommendation approvals and purchase order steps of the procurement process
- Financial Analysis Skills, Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures
- Logistics Skills, Strategic Planning Abilities
- Knowledge of Supply Management Software (Database Management, Inventory Management, Financial Analysis, Point of Sale, Procurement)
- Specialism in aspects of the procurement such as mobile contract, mobile management, vendor portal management
- Strong Excel or other reporting platform skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills; knowledge of tools and techniques for recognising, anticipating, and resolving process problems related to key applications
- Must be able to work on multiple requests concurrently and prioritise tasks to ensure that delivery times are met
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent decision-making and critical-thinking skill
- Must be self-motivated & able to work independently
- Must be able to communicate technical terms & descriptions to business users
- Must be able to establish strong working partnerships with business and IT colleagues
This IT Procurement role is based in London, for a communications company and is a permanent role.
If you are a driven individual wanting to build on your capability within a growing team, please apply today or contact Charlotte Murray, Robert Half London for more details.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900