GBP90000 - 105000 / annum
25th April 2019
Due to an increase in volume of projects, we are looking for a strategic thinking Senior Lawyer with experience in property development and project work to join the established team. We are looking for a Senior Lawyer to work with the Head of Legal - Property and other Legal Counsel, to provide legal support for development projects and transactions for Property Europe.
- Implement, oversee, monitor and review legal aspects and activities (e.g. trade, commercial matters, foreign transactions, technology transfer, labour and corporate issues) and communicate organisational policies and legal updates to ensure operations comply with established organisational policies and legal requirements, rules, regulations and laws.
- Analyse, review, evaluate and research legal data and requirements to provide solutions for legal problems and potential risks, and develop and implement alternative solutions.
- Maintain current knowledge on legal developments, disseminating updates to provide current legal advice and counsel on technical and procedural issues.
- Provide input and contribute to the transactional and litigation matters and standard precedents, which may include examining and supporting the defence of lawsuits, legal action, litigation, claims and other legal procedures, to align to and achieve legal integrity.
- Produce, analyse, interpret and update the legal and risk's policies, procedures and databases and prepare, review and provide legal documents and reports (e.g. contract, letter of agreements) to track legal issues, recommend corrective actions and maintain timely information in compliance with requirements of governmental agencies, laws, statutes, rules and regulations.
- Maintain internal and external relationships which may include contracted external consultants and may extend to representing the company at litigation and other proceedings and provide mentoring, coaching and support to team members and promote understanding of legal rights, obligations and privileges to ensure that team members are adequately resourced to perform.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business, Business Law and/or Law, combined with extensive experience across multiple roles.
- Experience as a legal practitioner in applying the law to support the implementation of organisational strategies, policies, procedures and programs and/or expert knowledge of the Construction, Property Development, Investment Management and Retirement Living industries and relevant legislative requirements and laws.
- Experience in relevant ancillary legal areas including construction, planning, real estate finance, corporate, commercial, litigation and insolvency.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, technical and analytical skills to support implementation, facilitate decision making, influence and build relationships with key stakeholders.
Salary & Benefits
£90 -105,000 + £6,433 Car Allowance and PMI is £1,868. Other benefits included.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900