£50,000.00 - £80,000.00 / annum
1st May 2019
About The Role
A successful start-up hedge fund due to its positive performance and rapid growth in assets is currently looking for an Operations Analyst to join the team working alongside the COO. The ideal candidate will have 1 to 3 years of experience gained working in the buy side and will be responsible for a broad spectrum of pre and post trading activities. The key responsibilities include: Daily Profit and Loss calculation, trade booking, trade lifecycle monitoring, NAV analysis, static data management, cash and positions reconciliations.The candidate should have a strong academic profile, understand and be familiar with financial instruments pricing and trade life cycle. In particular previous equity exposure would be advantageous. Strong Excel skill required and VBA knowledge is preferred.
- Interact professionally with internal teams, investment managers and prime brokers to resolve questions and reconciliation differences.
- Preparation and review of internal performance estimates by reconciling between the company and prime brokers and counterparties.
- Analytical review of daily and monthly results.
- Support in the production of monthly reports and ad hoc client reporting requests.
- Monitoring and review of the Administrator's daily and month end reconciliation process to ensure compliance with agreed upon service levels.
- Cash management including accounts payable, counterparty margin and trade settlement, and movements to ensure compliance to company and fund policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all fund valuation confirmation timing obligations are met and all deadlines are achieved or escalated as appropriate to senior management.
- Assist the risk management function in the production and review of daily and monthly reports pertaining to all business lines.
Experience / Skills
- Educated to Degree level
- 1-3 years' experience working at an asset manager, investment bank or at a hedge fund
- Has an interest in financial markets
- Excellent excel skills along with a good knowledge of VBA preferred
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900