Part Time Compliance Officer
GBP40000 - 45000 / annum
30th January 2019
Part Time Compliance Officer
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Industry: International Trading
Contract duration: Part time and 12 months fixed term
Package: £45,000 basic salary (pro rata)+ disc bonus, pension
Purpose of the role
An international Trading firm are looking to recruit a part time Compliance Officer to join the team based in London HQ office three days a week. Reporting to the Deputy Managing Director; you will assist with compliance monitoring in various business areas and provide compliance and advice to the Tax and Business Services business units.
Key deliverables (Essential duties and responsibilities)
- Completion of bank and personal accounts, KYC and AML, tax returns for trusts, and estates -Producing accurate and clear working papers, organisation of source data and accurate input onto systems.
- Annual compliance checks-Ensuring departmental procedures are compiled with all tax payments made promptly and correctly and ensuring all review forms properly completed.
- Interpret and disseminate information about regulatory changes and adapt procedures, documents and compliance tools to accommodate these rule changes.
- Aware of latest system and tools for compliance/KYC/AML.
- Define strategy and develop policy to ensure robust arrangements for compliance with the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998, Orders (issued under the Law) and the codes.
- Ensure that the internal compliance policy and procedures manual is maintained.
- Assisting senior managers as required with planning and advisory work.
- Suggesting appropriate planning strategies for clients and ensuring that the firm's position is considered.
- Draft the necessary policies and procedures to reflect new requirements or to update existing policies.
To succeed in this role you will have a strong technical regulations (Conduct) background and will be comfortable working in a complex and dynamic environment. You will be dealing with lots of different people, systems, processes and information so you'll have to be versatile, flexible and highly organised. Personable and engaging your goal will be to build relationships with senior management and it's essential you have the communication skills that enable you to articulate your position clearly and persuasively.
Core competencies of required for to perform effective in this role
- Job knowledge: Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the responsibilities specific to the job, as well as the ongoing capacity to stay abreast of changes in job functions.
- Interpersonal/Communications skills: Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other employees. Maintain good work relationships both internally and externally and has the ability to work productively as a team.
- Problem solving skills: Demonstrates the ability to use creativity, reasoning, past experience, information and available resources to resolve issues.
- Compliance: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Longulf Trading (UK).
- Situation Judgment: Demonstrates the ability to make good decisions about what should be done given a specific situation. Thinks carefully before taking action and behaves appropriately for the circumstances.
- Leadership: Takes responsibility for actions, decisions, and outcomes. Can confidently take the lead role on a team, if and when necessary.
- A minimum of three to five years as a Compliance Officer (essential)
- CTA or STEP qualified (desirable)
- A solid understanding of UK conduct regulation (ICOBs, FCA handbook etc.)
- In depth knowledge of and experience in Family office is essential and knowledge of the UK market would be an added bonus
- The ability to combine "soft" influencing, persuasion and consultancy skills with an ability to encourage business leaders to positively respond to questions, requests and challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business.
- The ability to build respect with managers by understanding the detail of the business
- Ease with complex and technical regulations.
- A key eye for detail.
- and perhaps most importantly - sound judgement - and the ability to solve problems and identify commercially viable solutions.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
SE1 9SG 0207 389 6900