GBP35000 - 45000 / annum
22nd May 2019
Robert Half is currently working with a leading boutique Investment Manager based in the City of London to hire a Settlements Associate. The role is to support the International and Crest Equity settlements team across a various number of Markets for the Equity Cash and the Security Finance business. This includes pre-matching, exception management, Cash and Stock Break resolution, Settlement for both on and off exchange transaction types, depot realignments between domestic agent bank and Euroclear, Security Finance experience including settlements of Borrows and Loans, liaising with external agents and counterpartys while also Analyzing Cancellation statistics.
The world's only independent full-service global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. Our firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, and foreign exchange, as well as wealth management, in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
International Equity Settlements are a team of 12, supporting the Equity trading and sales desks, along with supporting the Security Finance business, covering settlement across several local CSD's including Crest. We support International and US Equities agency and principal trading, DMA and Program Trading, Convertibles, High Yield, Financing and ADR Switches transactions.
The role is to support the International and Crest Equity settlements team across a various number of Markets for the Equity Cash and the Security Finance business. This includes pre-matching, exception management, Cash and Stock Break resolution, Settlement for both on and off exchange transaction types, depot realignments between domestic agent bank and Euroclear, Security Finance experience including settlements of Borrows and Loans, liaising with external agents and counterpartys while also Analyzing Cancelation statistics.
The key responsibilities are:
- UK and International Equity settlement coverage
- Unmatched processing/Pre-matching prior to settlement date
- Same Day and Post Settlement date fails management
- Working with Middle Office to resolve booking issues and amendments.
- Cash and Stock reconciliation investigation and reporting to Control and Regulatory Reporting departments.
- Understanding and experience of Client Money rules and regulation.
- Experience of the Security Finance business in relation to collateral types and processes.
- Working closely with internal departments to improve our efficiency within operations.
- Knowledge of International and Asian buy-in rules and deadlines including market penalties.
- Good understanding of the T2S and the Platform.
- Settlement Exceptions processing via internal settlement system.
- Close working with NY Settlements and Middle Office Teams on inter entity Settlement business.
- Process pair off and partial pair off opportunities daily
- MIS Collation, looking at cancellation volumes and root causes.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of ICSD settlement mechanics
- Ability to manage high volumes with multiple settlement and payment deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Working knowledge of Crest GUI, Swift, Citidirect, Gloss, ALERT, EUCLID, Global One systems would preferential.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900