SQL Server / BI Developer (SSIS) -
GBP65000 - 75000 / annum
May 24, 2018
SQL Server / BI Developer (SSIS)
This is a chance for a SQL Server / BI Developer to join a leading global investment-management company with worldwide offices. You will be joining a world class technology set up. This company has big plans for 2018. So it's the perfect time right now so APPLY NOW!!. The SQL Developer will be given a chance to work in a Greenfield site and have full autonomy to create and build new ideas.
Describe the role: The role will involve developing new functionality in a SQL Server Enterprise Data Warehouse and developing BI integrations within an Enterprise Service Bus. The Service Bus is a currently mixture of Microsoft SSIS, WSO2 ESB and Pentaho Data Integration data flows. The role will include migrating data flows off the Pentaho platform onto SSIS.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This role will primarily design and build enhancements SQL Server T-SQL and SSIS, as well as WSO2 ESB. role will include working with business analysts and directly with other technical teams to gather requirements, design and build new data warehouse and BI functionality. This is an operational development role, with responsibilities including investigating and solving problems as they arise on the production systems. This resource will be responsible for ensuring design and quality standards are maintained by more junior team members.
Job Qualifications (The ideal candidate should have the following):
- At least 5+ years' experience developing BI integrations using SQL Server 2014/2016 and SSIS using SQL Server Data Tools.
- Experience developing large and complex data warehouse OLAP solutions in SQL Server 2014/2016.
- Full Software Development Lifecycle experience in an industrial environment (gathering requirements, design, development, deployment and support)
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work effectively with team members both locally and remotely overseas.
- Familiarity with TFS and Visual Studio 2015 would be desirable.
- Experience using BMC Control-M job scheduler would be beneficial.
- Experience using Atlassian Jira and Confluence would also be beneficial.
Excellent on benefits offer
Free food and drinks
Based in Bond Street, London
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement