£40000 - 43000 / annum
28th June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are recruiting for a General Ledger Accountant on behalf of one of the most well-established and rapidly expanding Legal firms in the world, to be based in Manchester.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for a technically strong Accountant who is looking to join a high performing team within a global leading business who can offer progression and development.
The business are a leading, global legal firm with a fantastic reputation within the market. They are based in a lovely, modern office complex in Manchester City Centre, and really take pride in developing their employees. Being a global business, this presents incredible opportunities for your personal progression and development.
This role would be an ideal opportunity for an ambitious Accountant with previous experience within a General Ledger role ideally within a Shared Service Centre. Key responsibilities include:
- Performs general financial analysis, both on a monthly and ad hoc basis. Utilizes the system and Business Objects reporting tool for various analytical reports and special projects, in response to inquiries from practice offices and management.
- Reviews general ledger account postings, researches discrepancies and instructs accounting staff regarding correcting journal entries.
- Manage and posts cash receipts for various European and Middle East entities
- Prepares VAT returns for various European entities, assists practice office accounting teams with VAT preparation
- Performs complex reconciliations between firm's financial software and local accounting systems for various practice offices
- Acts as a resource for coding, VAT, procedural and other GL related questions from local practice office staff and management
- Oversees fixed assets accounting and assists with reconciliations between fixed assets registers and general ledger.
- Works with the Tax Dept to identify requirements for VAT and other statutory reporting, and sets up processes and creates reports in Elite and Business Objects to meet those requirements.
- Trains new practice office staff regarding how to prepare such reports and reconciliations.
- Reconciles reports to the GL; researches and corrects discrepancies.
- Assists with testing and implementation of new software and upgrades to existing systems.
- Updates financial accounting policies and procedures when necessary.
- Completes special projects regarding various issues as needed.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Manchester8th Floor, The Zenith Building,
26, Spring Gardens,
gb 0161 828 6100