£25000 - 30000 / annum
2nd July 2019
Assistant Facilities Manager
As the Assistant Facilities Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Facilities and Contracts Manager in managing, monitoring and measuring the services provided by the outsource suppliers/vendors in line with the agreed service level agreements and key performance indicators.
You will be primarily responsible for the effective and efficient running of the firm's hard and soft services in the office.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues
- Plan & organise requests, emails and projects in order to meet day to day workload
- Participate in project work and/or lead projects as directed and to implement any actions as necessary
- Proactively assist with the support of all facilities service's contracts in the Manchester office
- Deputise for Facilities and Contract Manager in their absence. Communicate handovers during periods of absence.
- Where required act as a point of contact and interface between the facilities service users and the outsource providers
- Liaise with service providers to coordinate the works of contractors in line with business needs and operational hours
- Identify and develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders locally and service users to ensure that the services provided continue to meet and exceed expectation
- Prepare and document Purchase Orders within guidelines
- Be proactive in logging jobs with the Helpdesk and actively chasing for resolution. Ensure end users are kept updated.
- Carry out Floor Walks in accordance with the H&S Policy and document, working with the F&C Manager, agree a plan of action for any issues raised and manage.
- Carry out additional more general adhoc floor walks general housekeeping and safety.
- Be responsible for keeping the H&S boards up to date, Fire Marshalls and First Aiders updated.
- Be aware of all contractors on site and engage with throughout task/project signing and out.
- Support the F&C Manager with any space planning projects
- Maintain accurate office desk lists and up to date floor plans and circulate the information.
- Be responsible for coordinating all the starters and leavers, logging and circulating the information. Work with relevant secretaries over seating plans
- Ensure the suppliers have carried out all their tasks relating to this process.
- Personally, meet with all new starters, to check Desks, Chairs, Pedestals, nameplates and introduce Facilities.
- Be the first response for H&S DSE outputs and communicate directly with staff to provide any appropriate equipment or information. Escalate where required for further assessment.
- BMS Heating/Cooling administrator
- Support the Facilities and Contracts Manager in providing input into the annual budgeting process.
- Strong expertise and proven experience of managing outsourced providers in a multi-contract environment
- Experience of managing the relationship between service users and outsourced providers
- Proven ability to produce clear and detailed written reports
- Ability to measure outsource service providers delivery
- Ability to manage and monitor expenditure against budget
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with people of all levels
- Ability to establish credibility quickly
- Committed, flexible and strong customer service ethic
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Good understanding of all aspects of facilities management including M&E
- Proven IT skills
Salary: Up to £30k
Hours: 9-5.30pm Monday to Friday
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Manchester8th Floor, The Zenith Building,
26, Spring Gardens,
gb 0161 828 6100