£45,000.00 - £50,000.00 / annum
22nd July 2019
Accounting and Finance
Fantastic opportunity for a driven and progressive Accountant to join an established, dynamic, growing and competitive SME as Finance Manager, taking ownership over the function.
If you are looking for a professional SME environment with a great culture, ethos and progression opportunities, then look no further.
In this rare opening, you will have exposure to all aspects of finance within the business, reporting directly into the Managing Director / Part-Time Finance Director. Emphasis here will be on maintaining a smooth-running operational finance department, and also driving positive change (in systems, processes etc) to streamline the function.
- Managing the operational/day-to-day workload, ensuring transactional processing and month end deadlines are adhered to.
- Leading the c6 strong Finance team. Involved in 1-2-1's, development and training of staff throughout.
- Involved in full production of management and statutory accounts, with some support from the portfolio FD.
- Responsible for management reporting and analysis across finance, identifying opportunities to improve and regulate.
- Ensuring financial controls, systems and processes are developed and adhered to across the business.
- Supporting the MD and FD in driving strategic and commercial decision making.
- Business partnering both internally and externally to achieve goals and complete projects.
- Developing key financial and business analytics and KPI's as the business expands, to continue growth and maintain financial integrity.
These job duties are not limited and there is no progression ceiling. Driven candidates will have the opportunity to expand their remit and be promoted to Financial Controller, with a view to expand the finance team further.
- A driven, dynamic and forward-thinking mindset is absolutely essential within this SME - attitude is key.
- Qualified or Finalist ACCA/CIMA/ACA status.
- Experienced in full end-to-end production of management accounts, and fully experienced in transactional/operational accountancy, including double entry, AP, AR etc.
- Experience in management or supervision of staff would be beneficial (not essential).
- Previous experience in a similar Finance Manager or Management Accountant position (not essential).
Established, dynamic, growing and competitive 'professional services' SME based in Manchester City Centre. Small group with a turnover of c22mil. Company has a strong emphasis on progression, development and retention of staff - this position has a direct progression route to FC-level, and it is also part of the succession plan the business are building.
The offices are modern, located centrally and boast convenient local parking and public transport links.
Salary & Benefits
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum, plus standard benefits
Progression to Financial Controller
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Manchester8th Floor, The Zenith Building,
26, Spring Gardens,
gb 0161 828 6100