GBP200 - 250 / day
19th February 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are recruiting for a Financial accountant for an established SME based in Manchester on a temporary basis.
Responsible for fulfilling the Financial Accountant, including preparation of draft management accounts, Vat returns, control accounts reconciliation, analysis of costs, special projects, invoicing, overview of daily accounts operations, and process improvements.
This position reports to the Group Head of Finance, and works closely with all of the central administrative, financial and operational staff.
* Analyse financial information in order to prepare month end file, reconcile control and bank accounts, roll forward budgets and prepare draft month end management accounts.
* Check and post Prepayment and Deferred income Journals.
* Stock reconciliation and postings.
* Monitor postings and analysis, in preparation for quarterly VAT return.
* Analyse and review P&L income and costs at month end and as required to ensure correct invoicing and reporting.
* Prepare reports and assist the HOF in highlighting trends and any major variances from budget.
* Review financial processes and systems to determine consistency and accuracy of information and acts as an "Internal Auditor" to ensure that controls are being followed.
* Any other duties as assigned by the HOF or designated manager in the Finance Department as required.
* An appropriate qualification in finance, business or related field ACA, ACCA, CIMA or QBE.
* A minimum of 2 years accounting experience.
* Excellent MS Office skills, with advanced level Excel.
* Knowledge and experience with SAGE and other relevant accounting software.
* Excellent communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
* Well organised with the ability to meet deadlines, whilst enduring accuracy, within tight deadlines
* Team player
* Can do attitude
Salary & Benefits
on-site parking with flexible hours for the right candidate
£225- £275 p.d Ltd
6 Month contract
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Manchester8th Floor, The Zenith Building,
26, Spring Gardens,
gb 0161 828 6100