GBP21000 - 23000 / annum
6th March 2019
Housing Officer Field based
We are looking for an experienced Housing Officer who will be responsible for managing their own portfolio of properties within various areas of Manchester. Being Housing Officer involves visiting a range of accommodation, carrying out inspections and ensuring property standards are maintained. You will also be the main point of contact for enquiries, offering a strong level of customer service to a diverse group of tenants.
- Visit and inspect portfolio properties to ensure they meet Company standards and client requirements
- Organise a schedule of monthly property inspections to ensure the portfolio is well-maintained
- Ensure properties meet health, safety and welfare requirements as well as additional requirements as provided by Local Authorities & the Home Office
- Act as main contact for all tenant enquiries in your portfolio and deal with any issues as they arise
- Provide welcome inductions for new tenants
- Report any necessary works and improvements to head office and monitor their delivery through to completion
- Maintain property records including occupancy agreement contracts, property photographs, detailed inspection records and visit logs
- Ensure that all documentation is kept confidential and secure and uploaded to the server as per company procedures
- Report any incidents, accidents or dangerous occurrences as per Health & Safety procedures and co-operate with Risk Assessments
- Manage any tenant issues that may arise e.g. anti-social behaviour, breach of tenancy etc.
- Previous housing/property management experience is essential for this position
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to develop professional relationships with a wide range of people inside and outside the company.
- Must be self-motivated
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise and multitask
- Strong computer skills are essential MS Office, Word, Excel, etc
- Must hold a valid driver's licence
Salary: £21,000 - £23,000 pa
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00- 5:30
Location: Field base in the Greater Manchester area, required to attend monthly meetings at the office.
Benefits: Company car, laptop, printer, mobile phone & 28 days paid annual leave
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Manchester8th Floor, The Zenith Building,
26, Spring Gardens,
gb 0161 828 6100