GBP40000 - 55000 / annum
July 18, 2018
The Company: Ufi is an independent grant funding charity, focused on supporting the use of digital technology to increase and improve UK vocational skills. We believe that digital technology has the potential to open skills up to greater numbers of people, improve learner outcomes and support and enhance traditional teaching methods.
The Role: The role as IT Manager is a newly created position designed to support Ufi's ambitions to become a leader in the use of digital tools as a grant funder. We are looking for a Hands-on IT manager that can map out and then action.
As the IT Manager you will be responsible to taking owner-ship of the complete IT stack, including IT roadmaps, architectures, supplier management, whilst being technical hands-on. Ideally this will be someone who can take on this exciting opportunity to shape and grow the organisation and that is passionate about the benefits that tech has to offer.
Core responsibilities and accountabilities :
- Understand the business objectives of the organisation and define a suitable technical strategy and roadmap to ensure the business requirements are met in a sustainable manner
- Responsibility for the overall IT Roadmap and architecture underpinning Ufi overall offerings.
- Looking at appropriate solutions to meet the challenges of being a virtual organisation
- Audit the existing technical landscape of the organisation and make suitable recommendations for simplification and improvement
- Define and establish working practices and processes to optimise the delivery and support of mission critical software
- Create, inspire, and manage our team from a technology delivery perspective
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external technology suppliers and partners
- Establishing Ufi as a leader in the use of innovative digital tools
- Developing, maintaining and taking ownership for the web, mobile and other digital channels
- Develop and maintain technical and architectural standards for the development of the digital architecture to create a sustainable digital platform to support the strategic plans of Ufi.
- Relevant experience of web, digital and software development and technical implementation.
- Previous hands-on experience.
- Previous of building and implementing a IT roadmap to hit company core objectives.
- Good understand of Architecture practices and techniques.
- Strong expertise in core internet technologies and cloud computing.
- Strong experience of working in Agile environments and working with a fully remote workforce.
- Experience of remote working and the tools to support remote working
- Experience of managing data relating to social impact
- Familiarity of Microsoft Office 365
- Supplier assessment and selection
- Helping drive digital transformation within an organisation
Home Based role, Salary £40,000-£55,000.
For more information please apply or contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice