£185.00 - £225.00 / day
7th March 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are exclusively working with a global, well known retail brand who pride themselves as being passionate, creative and entrepreneurial, creating a unique retail experience with an eye toward creativity. They currently have 70 stores across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Germany and Belgium and continue to expand across Europe in the next 12-24 months.
They are looking for a temporary Management Accountant (initially an 8-12 month assignment) to support them during a period of growth. The role would be based in Greater Manchester for £185 - £225 p/d Ltd and you will be reporting into the Senior Finance Manager.
It's an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join the tea. Strong numeric, organisation and interpersonal skills will be essential to the role. The Management Accountant will play an essential role within the company's growth. This role will give the right person the chance to work in an experienced team and you will in turn be given the encouragement to learn and develop your skill base.
Ideally coming from a retail background (but not necessarily essential), You are fully qualified (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) or Qualified by Experience,and thrive working in a fast-paced dynamic retail environment. You will bring an understanding of profit and loss account analysis, as well as knowledge of the balance sheet and certain key sections within it (e.g. Fixed Assets, VAT etc.)
- Month End P&Ls and Balance Sheets Preparing sales review, analysis
- Ensure preparation and completion of all balance sheet reconciliations and dealing with any queries following Senior Finance Manager review Property Month end journals including review and analysis of property accounts
- Maintaining a good relationship with external Utilities broker and ensuring new store utilities set up correctly
- Annual budget and re-forecast Budgeting and forecasting for property costs which you responsible for in the month end tasks
- Entering all budget numbers into Oracle Budgeting software. Providing reconciliations between current years spend and budget amounts Year End Assisting with the preparation of the audit files for all European entities.
The role is heavily management accounting focused and the successful candidate should be technically strong and be skilled in analytics and problem solving. We're looking for someone who can work to tight deadlines and manage expectations, has strong communication skills and is organised Has a positive attitude and keenness to develop Is proactive and takes initiative Is personable and works well in a team environment Has strong attention to detail.
If this role could be of interest, apply below or give our Manchester office a call on 0161 828 6100.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Manchester8th Floor, The Zenith Building,
26, Spring Gardens,
gb 0161 828 6100