Software Developer / Systems Administrator
GBP40000 - 40000 / annum
25th March 2019
DelAgua improves lives through the design, implementation and management of clean, smart, sustainable technology.
Robert Half are proud to be partnering with DelAgua Water Testing Ltd, a distributor of water testing kits globally based at their scenic office near Marlborough, to recruit an enthusiastic and resourceful Software Developer / Systems Administrator to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
In 1985 the University of Surrey, in collaboration with Oxfam, developed the Oxfam DelAgua Portable Water Quality Monitoring Test Kit. This kit enabled field workers to test water quality in remote areas where there is no access to a laboratory. Since its development in 1985, the water testing kit has developed and is now used by major international NGOs and other aid agencies in over 150 countries worldwide. In 2006, DelAgua was spun out of the university and into a limited company.
DelAgua also offers a distribution service for other manufacturers' products that are complementary to their water testing kits. They are able to supply NGOs, governments and companies in the region of 60,000 products suitable for all laboratory and life science requirements.
DelAgua Water Testing Ltd is based in a picturesque location in the heart of the Wiltshire Countryside, near Marlborough (SN8 1PY).
The Software Developer / Systems Administrator will report directly to the COO and be wholly responsible for managing, maintain, and upgrade DelAgua's software, hardware and networks. You will support a small local user base, as well as several remote users across the globe. This will involve:
- Installing and configuring software and hardware,
- Maintaining and developing existing systems, servers and websites (to include a bespoke and custom-built software),
- Setting up accounts and workstations; troubleshooting issues and outages,
- Being responsible for security through access controls, backups and firewalls,
- Training staff on new technologies; creating and developing technical documentation, manuals and policies.
You will ideally have experience/knowledge in the following technologies (although we would like to hear from you if you have the proven ability to pick up new tech quickly!):
- at least one object orientated programming language (preferably C#)
- maintain SQL and MySQL databases
- understanding of Active Directory, Office365, SharePoint maintenance/support
- Windows Server OS and Azure cloud servers
- managing a small IT network
- knowledge of security principles (e.g. SSL)
All applicants must have:
- the ability to problem solve,
- excellent communication skills and a team-player attitude,
- change management,
- attention to detail
SALARY & BENEFITS
Circa £40,000 depending on experience as well as benefits including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension contribution, free onsite parking and a picturesque working environment!
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
SwindonSuite B, Ground Flr,
The Stella Building,
Whitehill Way, Swindon
gb 01793 571900