GBP25000 - 30000 / annum
4th June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Finance Associate (Graduate Trainee)
Robert Half are working exclusively with a FTSE 250 company who are a leading global provider of components and products across various sectors, who are currently seeking a first class graduate, offering them a great opportunity with study support and career progression.
To deliver accurate, high-quality and valuable financial information to the senior executives, board and stakeholders of the group by working as part of professional Group Finance team. The role will report to the Group Reporting Manager and has considerable exposure to the groups senior management and external reporting.
- Close involvement with all aspects of the groups consolidated financial and management reporting including:
- Weekly sales and net debt report.
- Monthly financial data submissions and executive reporting pack.
- Annual financial plan and quarterly forecasts.
- Responsible for the interaction with a number of the groups operating divisions to advise on accounting and reporting matters and to ensure compliance with reporting requirements. Therefore this role will involve liaison with our global finance teams.
- Review and preparation of the Group Finance Control Checklist reports.
- Preparation of key elements of the groups external results announcements and annual financial statements (including for subsidiaries).
- Skilled user of the group's consolidation system (IBM Cognos Controller and TM1)
- Involvement in other Group Finance activities such as maintenance of the Company Accounting Manual, capex review process, liaison with the group auditors etc.
- Ad hoc analysis to provide valuable financial information to non-finance users.
- Motivated, flexible and committed team member who is passionate and open minded in promoting our culture and group principles: openness, honest and integrity; safe, respect and diversity; and energy for change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within finance, across functions and globally.
- Strong attention to detail combined with an ability to apply common sense and take a high level view.
- A strong understanding of accounting fundamentals and the ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to proactively take ownership of tasks assigned in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong A-level results and a 2:1 degree or better (any discipline) is preferred.
- Work experience in a financial or accounting environment is preferred.
The role is being offered at £25-30,000, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays as well as 5% pension contribution as well as other benefits!
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420