GBP48000 - 55000 / annum
April 2, 2018
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting a newly qualified Financial Manager for a client based in Milton Keynes.
In the position of Financial Accountant Milton Keynes, you will assist the finance manager with the smooth running of the financial accounts providing timely and accurate financial information. Other key duties to include:
· To be support to Finance manager for adhoc project work relevant to the business strategy, group reporting projects, tax analysis or month end analysis, such as data gathering, analysis, analytical review and inquiring across the business for information.
· Calculation and posting of the rates, insurance, premier inn & catering journals, which involves being proactive to identify cross departmental synergies.
· Monthly rates & petty cash reconciliation· Monthly restructuring provision reconciliation and associated journals.
· Compilation of the monthly balance sheet reconciliation folder.
· Completing the provision, tax & treasury reporting in the Group Reporting Pack.
· Collation and completion of numerous statistics and information in the monthly group reporting pack.
· Perform a monthly balance sheet comparison review with a detailed analytical variance review.
· Understanding the fixed asset accounting system in order to provide holiday cover when required, and so that system/method improvements can be developed.
· To assist with the improvement and running of an effective Euro forecast model in excel· Preparation of the quarterly VAT returns, this involves very detailed analysis and interrogation of the quarterly results to allow the compilation of the VAT return on an excel workbook. The project involves data analysis, V-look ups, pivot tables, and an aptitude for detail.
· Improving the VAT return process.
· Prepare and submit the monthly intra-stat and EC sales reporting and to perform a detailed reconciliation of the VAT return to EC sales to Dispatches.
· Complete the annual corporation tax pack with sufficient detail to allow Group Tax to understand the P&L from a tax perspective.
· Monthly analysis of professional & legal expenses to determine the correct tax treatment.
· Complete the annual PSA return.
· Compilation & analysis of expenses for the annual P11d process,
· Preparation of quarterly FCA return.
· Assist with all other Group Reporting requirements.
· Preparation of the statutory accounts.
· Completion of the annual reserve reconciliation.
· Assist with the management of the audit deliverables for the interim and final audit.
The successful candidate will need to be either ACA/ ACCA qualified
Technically update to IFRS and UK GAAP standards
Good problem solving skills and ability to adhere to tight month end deadlines
Strong excel skills
Service based business within Milton Keynes looking to strengthen the technical accounting team working closely with external agencies including Auditors, HMRC and Companies house. Excellent opportunity for someone to join an organisation who support career development and be a valuable member contributing towards business performance.
Salary & Benefits
£45,000 to £48,000 plus excellent benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement