GBP65000 - 70000 / annum
August 3, 2018
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting a Financial Controller for an SME business based in Milton Keynes.
In the position of Financial Controller Milton Keynes, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the financial accounts providing timely and accurate financial information. Other key duties to include:
Key Insight and support
- To be able to present financial information to Senior Management and provide actions and remedies to resolve issues.
- To Provide financial support and Guidance to Operational sites and other Head office Support Function
Governance, Control and Efficiency
- To ensure Governance and Financial Controls are adhered to and fit for purpose
- To identify waste activities and drive increased efficiencies across the group.
- To oversee Internal Audit function, ensuring audits conducted in accordance with business needs and output produced in a timely fashion.
- To ensure the business maintains strong Data Protection controls
Budgeting and Reporting
- To Produce Group and Site annual budgets
- To Produce Monthly Forecast for submission to business leads and Parent company
- To Lead the Management Accounts production process
- To ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of Balance sheet accounts.
- To ensure timely submission of all Statutory reports in line with Parent company deadlines
- To Produce Annual Statutory Accounts and supporting schedules in accordance with IFRS
- To manage External audit process and relationship with External Auditors
The successful candidate will need to be either ACA/ ACCA qualified
Technically update to IFRS and UK GAAP standards
Strong leadership/ man management ability
Good problem solving skills and ability to adhere to tight month end deadlines
Strong excel skills
SME based business within Milton Keynes looking to strengthen the technical accounting team working closely with external agencies including Auditors, HMRC and Companies house. Excellent opportunity for someone to join a business which is offering a natural career progression plan into a Financial Controller.
Salary & Benefits
£65,000 to £70,000 Basic plus £6k Car allowance and up to 20% Bonus plus excellent benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice