Location : Milton Keynes
Post Date : 01 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 465816
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are working in partnership with a manufacturing business based in Milton Keynes who are looking to appoint a Finance Manager.
In the position of Finance Manager Milton Keynes you will oversee all accounting functions in line with company guidelines. Other key duties to include:
1. Prepares or oversees the preparation of the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial data including income statement and balance sheet.
2. Conducts variance analysis of financial results against forecast, plan and prior periods and recommends actions to be taken.
3. Forecasting: Uses internal and external data to extract trends and forecast the upcoming changes to the business thus enabling the production of the 12 month rolling forecast. (Sales, Margin, DNE, Balance Sheet, Win Scorecard and other statistical inputs),reviews/analysis as requested.
4. Cost Control: Reviews and evaluates cost control on cost center level as well as on natural account levels
5. Projects & Initiatives: Active leader or participant on location, division, cross-function, cross-division, or cross-region projects providing financial support.
6. Attends NPI and Stage Gate reviews meetings and provides financial support.
7. Oversees the administration of all internal and external reporting with assurance that Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) are in place.
8. Compliance & Process: Continually reviews the accounting requirements of the division or plant; Directs the development and installation of appropriate processes.
9. Ensures all financial accounts are complete and accurate and properly reconciled to the underlying records.
10. Ensures all internal controls are documented for compliance, and maintains proper ongoing control.
11. Prepares the annual statutory tax packs for the location and assisting with any queries from both internal and external auditors.
The successful candidate will need to have previous financial & management accounting experience within a manufacturing arena
Ability to manage up to 2 reports
Good knowledge of ERP systems
Ability to work under tight month end deadlines and reporting to group function
SME manufacturing business based in Milton Keynes going through a transition period and keen to appoint an experience Finance Manager to guide the ship. Excellent opportunity for someone to work for a business that values employees and supports personal growth.
Salary & Benefits
£42,000 - £48,000 plus benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
1 Grafton Mews,
MK9 1FB Milton Keynes