Indirect Tax Manager - Milton Keynes
Location : Milton Keynes
Post Date : 01 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 468995
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Taxation are hiring for an Indirect Tax Manager for a leading blue-chip business based in Milton Keynes. This is a newly-created, full-time permanent position with a 35-hour working week.
Reporting into the UK Head of Tax, the Indirect Tax Manager will fulfil a varied UK-wide indirect tax position covering compliance and advisory.
The Indirect Tax Manager will supervise a VAT specialist who will prepare the VAT returns for the different business units; The role-holder will need to manage this person and review the returns before submission.
The Indirect Tax Manager will also be tasked with advisory and project work, and for meeting with key stakeholders in the different division to assess the effectiveness of the group's approach to VAT risk, and the efficacy of their VAT processes and controls.
- To manage the indirect tax compliance of the UK group's distribution, retail and financial services companies
- To identify and implement opportunities to increase VAT recovery
- To work with the business to audit and asses the indirect tax processes and to drive necessary improvements
- To oversee Intrstat and EC Sales List reporting and Customs processes
- To manage ad-hoc projects and influence the decisions and behaviours of key management
- To pro-actively analyst the indirect tax implications of changes in tax legislation and advising key management of the impact and solutions
- To provide ad-hoc advice to key management in respect of indirect tax matters
- To assist in the review of legal documentation for indirect tax related matters
- To manage the indirect tax compliance tracker for UK group companies, ensuring that all tax deadlines are met, reducing the risk of penalties and interest for late filings
The company are looking to interview VAT or Indirect Tax specialists with experience of working in a large practice or of working in-house with a multinational business.
Ideally you will be a qualified tax adviser (CTA) or tax accountant (ACA / ACCA / ICAS), however you may be qualified by experience.
Personally you will be a strong communicator, able to confidently deal with a variety of internal stakeholders
The company are an instantly-recognisable blue-chip multinational company based in Milton Keynes. This is a truly exceptional opportunity for someone living locally to move into a newly-created Indirect Tax specialist position and as such is not to be missed.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is in the region of £50,000 to £55,000 plus 15% bonus and benefits including a car package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
1 Grafton Mews,
MK9 1FB Milton Keynes