£25,000.00 - £28,000.00 / annum
12th July 2019
Technical IT Support Officer
Milton Keynes (Flexibility to travel to Essex sites on regular bases)
Up to £28,000.00 plus car allowance or company vehicle
As Technical IT Support Officer, you will provide internal IT support to the UK and Global business assisting with; troubleshooting, maintaining assets, protect network data security, liaising with third party support providers and advising and making recommendations. This is a standalone role within the UK team where you will report to the Director of Commercial and Finance whilst also reporting to the Service desk team leader within the Group Global IT department.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, have strong management and organisational skills to deliver high quality work with efficiency and accuracy.They also must have a professional phone manner whilst previously demonstrated a strong focus on delivering customer service. The successful candidate must be flexible in working location to travel to the required sites (Essex) and to liaise regularly with the Global IT Support team across different time zones (time differences will be dependant).
- Timely resolution of Incidents as reported to the Service Desk by users;
- Documentation of 'Incidents' and 'Work Arounds' within the Service Desk System;
- Proactively investigate, resolve and document problems and known errors;
- Maintenance and updating of business SOE environment;
- Maintaining asset register of IT inventory;
- Advise and recommend desktop hardware upgrades;
- Liaise with 3rd party support providers;
- Monitor network health and integrity;
- Security of network data;
- Actively ensure own health and safety and the health and safety of others through understanding and implementing workplace health and safety obligations;
- Support and comply with Company Policies and procedures as advised and documented in the Company's employment policies as amended from time to time and as directed by Managers/Supervisors;
- Any other duties appropriate to the level and responsibility of the position as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good working knowledge of computing hardware and printers and the ability to troubleshoot problems is essential;
- Min 2 years' experience in supporting Microsoft Windows environment is desirable;
- Min 2 years' experience in a desktop support role is desirable;
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office suite of products;
- Knowledge and understanding of LAN/WAN technologies and the ability to troubleshoot networking issues would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of iOS and Android devices;
- Strong time management and organisational skills;
- Effective and clear written and verbal communication skills;
- Confidential, discreet and professional.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420