GBP40000 - 45000 / annum
3rd June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are excited to be working exclusively with an international FMCG business based in Milton Keynes, who are recruiting for a Payroll and Benefits Manager.
As a key and active member of the UK HR leadership team the role holder is responsible for the Payroll and Benefits strategy, developing and implementing cost effective solutions to aligned business objectives. Acting as the subject matter expert and working in close liaison with the HR and Finance teams the job holder has management responsibility for ensuring accurate and timely completion of weekly and monthly Payroll and Benefits processing and HMRC reporting for circa 700 employees.
- Reviewing all procedures and systems using process mapping skills and external benchmarks to develop and implement enhancements maximising the use of technology, new systems and Payroll resources
- Leading two Payroll Administrators to deliver an effective Pay and Benefits service to the business in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Oversee compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements. Keeping up to date with relevant regulations and legislation and determine the impact of any changes, acting to implement changes where necessary.
- Manage Payroll workload both weekly and monthly to meet operational requirements and authorising the preparation of all Payroll related documents
- Review and audit Payroll, to maintain accurate account balances ensuring all Payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements
- Development of the Payroll and benefits strategy using both analytical skills and understanding of the current operations and future challenges
- Audit, develop and implement Payroll policies and procedures which are efficient and ensure internal controls are suitably communicated, understood and managed.
- Maintain up to date and comprehensive guidance notes on all Payroll team related procedures
- Maintenance of shadow Payrolls for international assignees. Authorisation of international payroll through third party provider
- Production and maintenance of bespoke suite of automated MI reports for Finance
- Keep up to date and oversee any regulatory Pension changes and determine the impact of any changes, acting to implement changes where necessary. Lead and develop all Pension processes. Reconciliation of all Pension reports, company and Pension provider
- Lead and develop the company's benefits including ownership of benefits providers: Pensions, life assurance, private medical, cash plan, cycle to work scheme, company cars, fuel cards and car allowances, critical illness cover and EAP providers, reviewing the services delivered and recommending changes to the services or providers
- Control and subject matter expert for all fleet management, control and upkeep of all providers, pool cars management, driver risk assessments and overall responsibility for all company car accident reporting
- Develop and maintain best practice process for all driving for business requirements
- Control and audit of holiday and absence management system
- Timely reporting of P46 (Car), P11ds, PAYE settlement agreement and completion of all year-end processing for Payroll
- Leading strategic HR projects and business initiatives to drive our performance, processes and culture forward
- Head contact for all employee Payroll and benefit queries.
- Lead and subject matter expert for all GDPR issues within the wider company, Payroll and HR teams and ensuring compliance
- Subject matter expert and lead for Gender pay Gap annual reporting.
- Line management responsibility for the Senior Payroll Administrator and Payroll Administrator. Responsible for the training and development of the team.
- Support budget control of all people costs by monitoring headcount and providing robust and accurate MI of FTE and £payroll costs
The ideal candidate
- Ability to build credible relationships, to influence and collaborate for mutual benefit and get things done
- Results driven, metric focused, rigorous delivery against commitments, high standards
- Leadership characteristics, able to lead, motivate, coach, and develop capability in others
- Unshakeable integrity leads by example and a role model
- Makes good decisions based on a mix of analysis, experience and judgement
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality always
- £40,000 - £45,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension contribution (increasing with service)
- Other additional benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420