£25,000.00 - £26,000.00 / annum
22nd November 2019
Our client, a FTSE listed global software company based in Berkshire are looking for a 2nd line support engineer on a 12 month fixed term contract with the possibility of going permanent after.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with around 2 years support experience to join a rapidly growing business.
- Participates as a member of an IT technical team. Performs basic analysis of functional or service requirements using fundamental understanding of IT Business process or problems. Implements end-user or enterprise infrastructure or application services prepared by more senior Engineers.
- Applies technical knowledge to operate and administer infrastructure or software platforms and user groups of moderate complexity. Resolves technical issues of moderate complexity within a given technical area. Partners with members of a given team or other IT teams as appropriate. Identifies potential escalations and proactively alerts management.
- Provides solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility including patch management. Reviews, implements and verifies changes/solutions of medium complexity and risk. Ensures configuration management database entries are complete and accurate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Experience with infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and serverweb related applications).
- Experience with business IT applications (e.g. supply chain, customer relationship mgmt, HR, finance) .
- Knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model.
- Strong initiative, problem solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills. Good organizational and analytical skills. Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity. Possess creative ability, credibility and self confidence.
As one of the 2nd line engineers you will have at least 2 years experience working as a 1st line support on a busy helpdesk and be ready to take the step up. You will be providing support to users across EMEA and APAC.
Based in the Berkshire area, our client is a software and IT company providing software and consultancy to their clients and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Salary and benefits:
The salary on offer is up to £26,000.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888